Saturday, January 6, 2018

Lorem Ipsum: The Aloysius Angelasia Archives (Chapter 38o)

Resist.

Resist!

#resist

Knowing as I did that this was all Papa Kalfu's trickery, I counted on the fact that with the passing of time -- it too would pass.

The zombified versions of Stanley, Rodney and Albert -- whom Papa had announced as his little monkeys Miz, Kiki and Iwa, were already flickering like holograms.  One minute they were the dead eyed versions with a missing eye, ear and tongue (respectively) ... and the next they were as I remembered them from in the bar on the night of the robbery before everything went awry.

Papa Kalfu's reflection in the shattered rest stop mirror was quickly fading as well.

"Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler" he whispered as his image slowly disintegrated -- which simultaneously resulted in the clearing of the restroom of the other interlopers.

I stood there an extra minute longer.

For all the wrong reasons -- namely that time in the back room of his bar that he announced he had plans to cut me open to drink my blood in order to absorb my powers -- I knew that Papa Kalfu's ability to access me and my mind was directly tied to his access to my blood.

Heretofore, he had been using my bloody shirt procured from the night that Albert had given me a beatdown back when I was a captive in the basement of the bar in order to invade my thoughts .  However, that was the shirt that I had managed to get back in my possession seeing as how I had used it to carry out the cash I had successful stolen from him.  Admittedly, there was that time he had met me face to face -- when he had slapped me and he had drawn blood from my cheek that he had promptly ingested.

But like a cell phone with a battery that was almost dead with no recharging cord in sight, I knew that his grasp over me and my psyche was fading.

Soon ... I would be free.

Soon ...




No comments:

Post a Comment