Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Lorem Ipsum: The Aloysius Angelasia Archives (Chapter 38n)

I made a mental note to myself right then and right there, in that Florida highway rest stop, standing amidst the shards of broken mirror in which I could see the reflection of Papa Kalfu, facing down the three zombie like creatures who had just come out of the stalls ...

Right then and right there ... I said to myself:  "If ever there came a time during one of these hallucination style trances where I wasn't aware that it was happening during the event -- being able to be fully within it and yet outside of it looking in at the exact same time -- if ever that day came, then that would be the day that I would be in big big trouble."

Luckily for me, that day was NOT *that* day.

I was still in control.

Mostly.

I knew that Papa Kalfu was using his mind tricks to track me as I fled southern Florida, and although I couldn't chase him completely from my brain, I could resist. 

I knew that the visions of the zombie triumvirate of Stanley, Rodney and Albert were apparitions.  Regardless of how real they appeared to be to me in that moment, I knew that they could not actually lay their zombie hands on me. 

"Zombies," I muttered to myself, shaking my head. 

I couldn't believe that *this* was my new life. 

I never would have predicted that the first thing I'd be doing after my college graduation that I'd be facing down a voodoo high priest and his creations.

I decided to try to break the trance with a Biblical utterance.

"Get thee behind me zombies!" I yelled, startled somewhat by the echo in the rest stop restroom.


No comments:

Post a Comment