Friday, July 7, 2017

Lorem Ipsum: The Aloysius Angelasia Archives (Chapter 38m)

"You're NOT my mom."

I felt it best to get right to the point.

"Oh sweetie," my not-mom said in response.  "You're just so tired ... and flustered ... and confused.  Once you get to New Orleans and get to meet your father, I *know* you'll get some clarity."

As near as I could tell, "she" hesitated because "she" too could see "herself" in the shattered mirror shards, and "she" knew that "her" reflection was spilling "her" secret.

"Hang in there, honey."

Papa Kalfu had to know that I knew that he was in my head masquerading as my mom in order to confirm my travel plans, because the voice changed first, suddenly dropping an octave or two.

It was unsettling to hear *his* voice coming out of the lips of the apparition of my dead mother that was in front of me.

"And I'll see you soon, because I will hunt you down and I will find you wherever you go.  You won't be able to get away from me until I get what I want from you."

At that moment, I was startled by the simultaneous flushing of not one ... or two ... but *three* public toilets.  Three stall doors creaked open and the bodies of Stanley, Rodney and Albert slowly emerged, shuffling toward me.

It turned out that those were the names by which they were known when they were alive.  But seeing as how they had all died the night I first came face to face with Papa Kalfu, it was now clear to me that he was the one that had stolen the bodies and that he had somehow managed to bring them all back to life with his black magic.

They moved toward us, with their injuries still intact -- Stanley was missing one eye, Rodney a part of an ear and Albert had no tongue.  He also had apparently renamed them.

"Meet my little monkeys -- Miz, Kiki and Iwa.  They now have one mission -- to help me find you.."








No comments:

Post a Comment